Thursday 1st – Sunday 4th November 2018, Wellesley College, Days Bay, Eastbourne.
Join us for ARTBOURNE’s OPENING NIGHT on Thursday 1st November, at 7pm – entry by ticket only, which can be purchased ONLINE HERE. All tickets go into the draw TO WIN the original mixed media artwork ‘Wellington Street Study #9’ by the Wellesley Head of Arts / Artist in residence – Glen Jorna.
Exhibition Opening Hours:
- Friday 2nd November, 8am – 4pm (earlier opening time for parents dropping off boys at school)
- Saturday 3rd November, 11am – 4pm
- Sunday 4th November, 11am – 4pm
Complimentary Curated Tours:
There are a number of opportunities, at no charge, to learn more about the artworks from the curators or from the artists themselves.
- Preview of Exhibition – Thursday 1st November, 5.30 – 6.30pm. Limited spaces. Join two of the curation team for an exclusive preview of the exhibition. As there are a number of prominent artists as well as emerging artists exhibiting, the tour will cover a range of these artists and the new Collectors’ Corner exhibits, showcasing pre-loved investible art. As numbers are limited, please register your interest here and we’ll contact you with further detail.
- Friday 2nd November – 30 minute curated tours:
– Student Curated Tours: 9.15am, 11.30am & 1.30pm
– Parent/Public Curated Tour: 2.45pm
- Saturday 3rd November – a special jewellery curated tour by an artist from The Makers collective will be held 2.00 – 2.30pm
- Max Patte Special Studio Visit – Sunday 11th November, 2.00 – 3.00pm. Join a small group to meet renowned artist Max Patte (former Head Sculptor of Weta Workshops and headline artist for ARTBOURNE) in his Miramar workshop. See a greater range of his work and learn more about Max, his inspirations and how he creates his art. Tickets $30, book through Eventfinda. Limited spaces.
Artworks for sale at ARTBOURNE:
Images of selected artworks will be coming to the Gallery section very soon….
At ARTBOURNE 2018, there will be something for everyone with prices ranging from $100-$20,000, including:
• 300+ original artworks including original paintings (oil, acrylic, watercolour and mixed media), lithographs, photography, and indoor/outdoor sculptures.
• Several notable & collectable artists, including Wellesley Old Boy Michael Browne RCA; Tony Lane, NZ born internationally-renowned, painter of sublime iconography artworks; Max Patte; and Wellington Photographer of the Year, and exciting expansive talent Catherine Cattenach.
• Several emerging artists in a range of media
• Limited edition prints, reproduction cards of art works and books featuring the exhibiting artists
• Selected artworks of current Wellesley boys will be included in the exhibition.
NEW for 2018:
• ARTBOURNE’s two-day Weekend Workshop with 2017 Artist in Residence Richard Adams.
• Collectors’ Corner where a small collection of pre-loved investable art will be exhibited for sale by price, with a percentage being donated by the donors to the scholarship campaign.
• Exhibiting for sale artisinal jewellery from the Wellington collective The Makers
• ARTBOURNE café & gift shop on site during the weekend to keep the patrons fed and watered.
NOTE: Purchased artworks can be collected on Sunday 4th November from 5pm, or by arrangement with the organisers on email@example.com.